Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Need to Go to The Knitting Store, to Fetch A Pail of Patterns

Location: The Bus

A woman on the bus offered, in exchange for a cigarette, to give any passenger who had one an unopened package of Post-It Notes, four cents, and her lighter.

Location: The Bus Depot

A woman with thinning hair in an overlarge transparent raincoat came into TBD, searched every vending machine and pay phone for leftover change while muttering to herself, then sat down next to a friend and began chatting about movie theaters. She ended up calling 411 to get connected to a movie theater to find out if the new Tyler Perry movie was playing there.

Quote of the Day: "Yeah, my daughter called me and told me she wanted me to knit her some of those mittens that are also gloves, yeah, because she texts on the phone, you see. Yeah, she wanted them to be purple, she told me so. Yeah, my daughter, she's 32, but she's still single."

No comments:

Post a Comment