Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Bicycle Incident

Location: The Courtyard outside of The Bus Depot

I had to wait an extra hour for my bus to arrive today. It was sunny outside, and I didn't want to be trapped inside the Depot proper, so I sat on a park bench in the square. While I was there, the police arrived for three separate incidents.

One was a domestic dispute between husband and wife inside the bus depot. No arrests occurred.

A drunkard wandered about the square and harassed people until he was confronted by two police officers, patted down, and ultimately, arrested.

A man with a bright scarlet mohawk and a t-shirt wrapped around his neck was near the fountain with a group of about ten people. He was chilling out with his girlfriend and their little girl in a stroller, and a bicycle was leaning against the bench they were sitting on. I was playing Pokemon on my DS, so I wasn't paying much attention to what was going on around me, but I saw the police car pull up behind them, and saw the officer lazily stroll over to them. I wasn't close enough to hear what they were saying, but I saw the cop point at the bicycle, and the man with the mohawk shrugged. I kept trying to catch a Diglett or whatever, then I looked up again. The police officer had hauled the bicycle over to his car, popped his trunk, and was trying to stuff the whole bicycle into the trunk. It wouldn't close, so he wedged it in so it wouldn't fall out, and he drove away, up the steep hill to the police station. This was either a stolen bicycle, or the weirdest bribe I've ever seen.

Quote of the Day: "Fuckin' pigs, took my bike!"

No comments:

Post a Comment